CPC Candidate for West Vancouver - Sunshine Coast -Sea to Sky Country
I am running again as the Conservative Party Candidate in the next Federal Election. As you know the minority Trudeau government could call the election at any moment – even during this pandemic.
Trudeau is fumbling the pandemic, damaging our economy, costing many of us our jobs, and undermining everyone’s sense of hope. I’m determined with your help, to put you, our community, and our country back on the right track.
If elected I will focus on key issues that are critical to our region’s future:
- The Environment: as a Green Tory, I’m determined to weave together feasible, environmentally friendly policies that keep our economy alive. I would not be campaigning for the Conservative Party unless I had confidence that the Party and my Leader, Erin O’Toole, supported this priority.
- Our Economy: I will work with people in our communities to continue my previous work as M.P. to attract investment and create jobs. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau constantly undermines our economy and our investment climate. He took two years to prepare a Budget, while other cities and provinces managed to meet their budget accountability for your hard-earned tax dollars. Ottawa can and must do better before our country’s desperate debt comes due.
- National Security: In my professional practice with a critical risk consultancy I’m surrounded by some of Canada’s top experts in national security. Together, we’re concerned about threats to the physical and cybersecurity of fellow Canadians. Canada must stand firm against hostage diplomacy and hostile incursions by foreign entities.
- Foreign Affairs: Having spent my career in areas of international business, law, and diplomacy, I’ve seen firsthand the damage done by inconsistent, unprincipled leadership. Canada must regain its role in the world as a principled ally. Missteps by the current administration have led foreign powers, such as China, to doubt our strength and resolve, harming our interests, at home and abroad.
- Health and Fitness: Living in this beautiful and active part of the world, we sometimes forget a health and fitness crisis is facing Canadians. The pandemic has shown the importance for Canadians to prepare for the unexpected. I’m delighted that Erin O’Toole has committed to supporting my efforts to “Make Canada the Fittest Nation on Earth by 2030,” a commitment that advanced under the National Health and Fitness Day Act which I quarterbacked with then-Senator Nancy Greene Raine.
- Equality and Excellence: My commitment to Reconciliation between Indigenous and non-Indigenous people is consistent with my lifelong devotion to human rights. I launched the Canadian Constitution Foundation in 2003, designed to protect your individual rights when those are menaced by intrusive governments. As much as I support reconciliation, it’s time Canadians moved away from race-based rights to encouraging national excellence, sovereignty, and unity.
As many of you know I have run before. Winning that trust from you in 2008 and 2011 was a humbling experience. I worked to represent this riding and help bring economic prosperity and fiscal responsibility to our country. Our riding sits on the rim of the Pacific. Relations with Pacific countries are key to our future. My experience of living and working in China and Taiwan, speaking Mandarin, and advocating to free prisoners wrongfully detained in foreign countries will help me advance important “Pacific” issues that affect the people and businesses in this riding.
Having been an MP I know how to get things done, both within the government and in Parliament. I had one of the best legislative records in the House, getting bills passed that dealt with combatting drug abuse and helping to improve our physical, mental, and spiritual well-being. I campaigned to deal with abandoned vessels; worked to improve the Registered Retirement Savings Fund for seniors and supported critical fisheries’ research through the Research Lab in West Vancouver Those of you who know me, know my record. I can’t wait to meet and discuss my candidacy with those I haven’t met.
I support the Conservative plan to secure our future by focusing on jobs, accountability, fitness and mental health, stockpiling essential medical products, and balancing the budget over the next decade. I would not be doing this unless the Party and Leader were committed to a comprehensive environmental plan to reduce emissions, protect your future, creating good jobs for you and your family, expanding the economy, and getting us all past this pandemic safely and quickly as possible.
I welcome you to visit this website to learn more about our campaign, to volunteer, and to pass on this information to others you feel might be interested. Please join the wave of loyal Canadians who will with me work to ensure we thrive - through the pandemic and beyond!
An unanticipated pandemic has devastated Canada’s economy, triggering enormous deficits and a gaping debt. Some of these consequences were unavoidable but how does our economic response compare to other countries?